Monday, January 7, 2013

What a Difference Paint Can Make

Having been in the house a month and a half now, I feel like the whole thing should be completed.  Walls painted, furniture in every room, and a daily blog post to update you on the progress.  But, alas, that's utterly unrealistic and I'm sure J will agree that it seems he's done nothing but work on the house since we moved in.  And he has.  I just swoop in and pick a paint color here, put a piece of furniture there, and spend time online trying to find that perfect duvet cover for our additional guest room (when I'm not cooking dinners or doing laundry, of course)

When I last posted pictures of the house, we were two days away from having the carpet installed upstairs and J had just finished priming all of the rooms and most of the wood work.  We're now two weeks post-carpet install and I think you might like what we've done with the place.  Starting with the hallway:

Hallway before:



And the hallway after:



Master bedroom before:


Master bedroom after:



Bedroom number two before:


Bedroom number two after:


Bedroom number three before:


Bedroom number three after:



And finally, bedroom number four before:


And bedroom number four after:

the guest room in need of bedding that I referred to earlier

I love, love, LOVE how the paint turned out.  We chose to do this house in various shades of gray whereas our previous house was done in shades of tan/beige.  The hallway tends to look a little too periwinkle, at least to me, so we may be changing that one.

In the meantime, J has started working on sanding all of the doors and painting them the color of the woodwork.  And lemme tell ya, getting a door back on the bathroom totally made my month! I'm a big fan of leaving a little mystery in the relationship, you know?

While J is tackling the rest of the projects, I've got a Pinterest list a mile long of decor ideas; anything and everything ranging from furniture to art to window coverings.  If only my wallet was as deep as that list.  All in due time.

3 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

It is insane how a good coat of paint can transform a room. It really gives your house an updated look.

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Holy crapola! You guys are on this house remodel thing! And I love it! Isn't amazing the transformation a room can take on with paint. It totally changes the dynamic of a space. My kitchen is getting a makeover this spring. I can't wait!

Melissa said...

I love the transformation paint can bring, and for not a lot of money, either!

Dusty, will you share pics of your kitchen? By far my favorite room to transform!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...