Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I Broke It

First of all, I apologize for the lack of the Wedding Planning Wednesday post.  I am becoming/already became a lackluster blogger and we're only 9 days into the New Year.  As if last week's post wasn't painful enough (can somebody say "unprepared?"), this week's is worse because there isn't one.  But I'll be back with wedding related shiznit in the near future, mark my words.  Now on to this non-themed post.

Let me just start off by saying that in my defense, I'm attracted to mushrooms like a moth to a flame.  And if they're cooked, I will devour them.  So let me back up and tell you what exactly I broke.

Waaaaayyyyy back in September (and it could have been August for all I remember), my grandparents called and offered up one exciting wedding gift: a pool table.  Not just any pool table, but the one that my Grandpa had specifically picked out for their sunroom.  I can't tell you how many family gatherings were spent watching my cousins, aunts, and uncles play pool.  It was a lot.  So, seeing how the soon-to-be-Mr. and I had just bought ourselves a house complete with a bonafide man cave, and they were looking to revamp the sunroom,  said pool table was offered up to us as a gift.  A very expensive, very heavy, gift.

Now, fast forward to November and we have closed on the house and the pool table is waiting to be brought to its new home, three hours from its current digs.  We make the trip and it sits in our garage, secured to its trailer, while we wait for the new carpet to be installed. 

Fast forward a little bit more to last night and the future hubs and I finally have our ducks in a row and have lined up 3 burly men + 1 last minute plea to a neighbor (for a total of 5 men, including J), to haul this thing downstairs.  The slate alone is easily 500 pounds and comes in one piece.  And FYI, moving companies won't touch that shit and pool table vendors won't move it for less than $400.  I digress.

So naturally, we attempt to bribe our helpers with pizza. But I, in my desperate attempt to not break my January resolution, made myself some vegetable soup and a grilled cheese before they arrived and I let J order from his favorite pizza place, which I detest.

However, none of the guys were interested in pizza (I chalk that up to the fact that they arrived around 8 and their wives had probably fixed a far better meal for dinner) and that left J with two large pizzas.  The first, pepperoni and cheese, no biggie.  I can refrain.  

But the second.  Ohmygoodnessthesecond, was a supreme.  With mushrooms.   And sausage.  And onions.  And peppers.  And pepperoni.  I'm salivating now just thinking about it.  All of the glorious things on a piece of dough that I had told myself absolutely "no" to.

So J eats his pepperoni pizza, we watch a little New Girl, and then he heads to bed.  I take the dog out, make the coffee for the next morning, and before I know it, I'm eating a piece of the pizza.  And it. tastes. amazing.  Boy, did it ever.  So I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, exhibit A of my complete lack of willpower and my broken resolution:

that's weak sauce right there, I tell you, WEAK SAUCE

I went to bed right after I took that picture and lamented my failings to J, to which he replied, oh well, it will make a good story.  THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.  I have a sneaking suspicion he knew I couldn't hold out, but for 7.75 days I went without a single piece of restaurant produced food or beverage.  Yes, it was only a sliver, but it still counts.  Today we are back on the wagon.

An overly dramatic story?  Probably.  Want that 3 minutes of your life back that you spent reading this? Definitely.  But did it qualify as a post for today?  Absolutely.

And tomorrow I'll show ya that pool table.



2 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

If there was a pizza in my house it would be gone in .2 seconds. I miss pizza so hard right now.

Altax said...

Looks yummy!!!

Kids Games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...