Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Times, They Are A Changin'

To say that I haven't posted in a while would be an understatement.  Since I started this blog, I'd never gone more than a month without posting something and here we are, a month and a half since my last post.

I left off recapping the vacation J and I took the week after he proposed.  It's been two months since that vacation and things haven't slowed down yet.  Since then, we have finished all of the projects around the house and officially put it on the market.  In the seven days it's been listed, we've had seven showings.  Three alone on Labor Day!  

But before I get ahead of myself, let's start by sharing the last big project: the floors.  In this post waaaaaay back in March, we were debating what to do about the floors.  And in this post, we mentioned that our realtor recommended just refinishing the floors and calling it a day.  After much consideration, debating the pros and cons of refinishing versus buying new cheap flooring, and getting quotes from contractors on screening them, we opted to go with our realtor's suggestion.

With his referred contractor, we made the determination to have the floors stripped, holes patched/boards replaced, and stained the dark color of the staircase.

So off to a teeny tiny hotel we went, for three days and two nights, and our floors went from this:

To this:

I need a better camera...

I am so in love with these floors, it's ridiculous.  And it's made me even more reluctant to move now that the house is complete.

This is just one of the many things we've working on to in the last month in a half and I've got plenty more pictures to share with you tomorrow.

Hopefully I still have a few readers out there, and if so, what have you all been up to?  It's good to be back!

2 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK YOU'RE BACK! Your floors look so gorgeous. I am so jealous.

Melissa said...

I AM back! Hopefully I keep up on the blogging...we've got a lot going on on the house front right now! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...