Thursday, September 6, 2012

DIY Wreath

It's been a while since I've done anything remotely crafty and unfortunately, that streak has yet to be broken.  But someone, of the male persuasion, wanted something pretty to put on our front door as folks arrived for showings.  

Inspired by this pin, I set off to Jo Ann's to buy a grapevine wreath and some faux flowers.  That was five months ago.  The goodies sat in the basement for months and each weekend J would ask if I was going to make the wreath.  I'd say yes and then inevitably forget.  This weekend, he was done asking and decided to take matters into his own hands.

I was out of the house for several hours running errands when he called to see if he could make the wreath.  After giving him a rundown of how I wanted it done and that he better take pictures, he sent the following:

Step 1: Gather Materials

Step 2: Cut Stems off of Flowers and Affix with Zip Ties and Hot Glue When Hot Glue Alone Fails to Hold
Step 3: Arrange Flowers Nicely on Wreath
Step 4: Hang the Finished Product on the Front Door
Not too shabby for a boy, huh?  I'm thinking we need a weekly segment called "J's Kraft Korner" in which he completes all of the projects that I've bought supplies for but have failed to execute.  Thoughts?

3 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

That looks amazing. I have nothing on my front door. Soon I shall have my hanging maple leaf, but at 90° here today it doesn't feel quite like fall.

Melissa said...

I'm so over this summer weather! I just get my hair dried in the morning and by the time I start straightening it, I'm sweating again!

LEIGH said...

Definitely not too shabby for a boy! Love it! Looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...