Monday, June 11, 2012

Week In Review

I can never think of a catchy opening line to a Monday post.  Mostly because Monday's mean the end of the weekend and the start of the work week.  Both of which are sad because let's be honest, it's amazing not having to set an alarm for two days in a row.  Before I go any further and develop a case of the Mondays, I'm just going to dive into today's post on what we did this week/weekend.


I've been MIA due to my day job taking over.  And, as will be the case over the course of the next 5 months, it will consume what time I usually reserve for crafts and blogging.  So bear with me.  That being said, Tuesday night was a nice little break when I realize that the Groupon that I had bought a month earlier was set to expire that day.  So off to the ballpark we went to watch Columbus' minor league team, the Clippers:

It was a fantastically chilly night for baseball.  The Clippers won with what I believe was a stadium record of 21 runs.  We cheered, we ate ballpark goodies, and we walked away with a free round of bowling just for being there.  The night was complete when I got my favorite  snack:
The rest of the week flew by.  I traveled for work on Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday were consumed with event mailings, phone calls, and all kinds of fun things that I won't bore those outside of campaign land with.


Friday was a long one, but J and I concluded it with a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond to get my new toy.  However, being the novice KitchenAid buyer that I am, I didn't realize they wouldn't have the color I wanted in stock.  Sadness ensued, but we went out to dinner and booked it on home to buy it online.  After much back and forth on the color, we went through each one and narrowed it down.


"I like Willow better than Ice, but I like Ice better than Majestic Yellow" 
"That looks too retro, I might not let it sit out on the counter." 
"What about Gloss Cinnamon?"
"No, really, what about Gloss Cinnamon? It looks classic, not retro, I'd let that one sit on the counter."

Those were all statements uttered by J.


BUT, after much consideration, the winner of the KitchenAid "pick my color" contest was....


BOYSENBERRY!!!

For those of you going back to check the comments, no one voted for Boysenberry.  However, the more I thought of it, the more yellow seemed too much, blue seemed too standard.  So I went with a color I don't think I'll tire of, but it's not "safe" choice like the silver one I thought I wanted initially.  And now I'll shut up about my damn KitchenAid.  

Until I make all kinds of yummy treats to share on here.

Moving on...

Saturday I did some work work, we got quotes for the shutters on the front of the house, and we ended the day with date night:
Where we picked out new can light (recessed lights) trim for the kitchen and upstairs fixtures.  Unfortunately J pinched a nerve in his neck while golfing last week (tsk tsk) so they haven't made it to the installation phase.  

Today was more cleaning, more laundry and topped off with some homemade mac and cheese for dinner.  

All in all a pretty good weekend.  Relaxing, productive, but all too short.  What were you up to?  

3 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I love your choice! Always get what YOU want, and don't settle for other peoples' choices. We always end up at Lowes at some point over the weekend. Always.

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

You should just go ahead and get two of those mixers and just send me one over. Mmmkay? Thanks

Melissa said...

Shannon, I wish I were brave enough to get Apple! I love them all, but I'm a play it safe-ish kind of girl :)

Dusty, I'll send you one as soon as my credit card points recover and I can cash them out again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...