Monday, June 4, 2012

Movin' On Up

Last week J and I met with a realtor to get his feedback on whether our house was ready to sell.  He walked through the house, made a list of the things he thinks we should focus on fixing and pretty much said we're ready to put a "Coming Soon" sign out front.  While I knew this was our goal all along, I'll admit it's a little hard to think about leaving this house.  Leaving our house.  


It's by no means a large family friendly abode--and J has always imagined it going to a nice couple looking for their first home.  But nonetheless, I'm a wee bit sad about the prospect of looking for another house.  I get attached easily, it's my personality.


Our "to do" list includes the following:

1. Screening  the existing wood floor
2.  Painting the exterior trim
3.  Replacing the double paned windows (just the glass because at some point the seal between the two panes had been broken and has fogged up the inside of the two panes)
4.  Getting new shutters for the front (it's all about curb appeal!)

That's it.  No replacing the wood floors, no buying a matching black fridge for the appliances in the kitchen, just those four little (big) things up there.  It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that we're nearly done with this one and ready to move on to the next, but J is itching for another project and my blog needs more than recipes and Pinterest crafts.

My head is already spinning with details and planning but I'm also looking forward to the next chapter of backsplashes and paint colors.  And getting it out there on the interwebs makes it a lot more real and easier to grasp.  So thanks for listening.

Do any of you aspire to sell your house soon?  Flip it quick and hopefully make a profit?  Or are J and I alone in this venture we've got going?  

And to make up for the lack of pictures, check this and this out for a good Monday morning laugh.




2 comments:

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Oh girl we have been doing home improvements and there has been a lot of cussing on my huz's part and alit if supervising on my part

Melissa said...

the supervising is the most important part! i have yet to leave him unattended with anything from ikea because he f's it up at some point!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...