Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Review

I am please to say that I actually accomplished both projects that I set out in Friday's post.


Friday evening after work I was absolutely exhausted so J and I made our way over to our favorite salad joint, Market 65.  Located on Capitol Square, it's deserted after 5:00 and since they are open until 8, it often makes for a great, fast, dinner stop.  We came home and I promptly fell asleep after a movie...thankfully all of that rest had me awake at 7:30 am on Saturday so we could start our basement organization project.


Since we were up, I suggested going to breakfast first--a meal we rarely have out.  Unfortunately the Village-wide yard sale (Village Valuables for those of you in Columbus) was going on that morning and the Komen Race for the Cure was going on downtown.  So rather than risk losing my street parking spot, we set off walking to a new restaurant half of a mile down the road:



After breakfast we got to work downstairs.  You'll remember the "before" photo here:


Here is the "in progress" shot:


And the finished product:


We need one more metal shelving rack, but this is a massive improvement.  Nothing is sitting on the floor and all of the containers on the shelves are labeled with their contents:
We took one car load of goodies to Goodwill and threw out several trash bags full of stuff that just needed pitched.  We used the shop vac on the floor, in every nook and cranny, and wiped everything down with cleaning solution.  It took the better part of the day, but it's so nice to do laundry down there again.


In case you missed it, here's the story of how J turned our basement from the typical dark, dank, Village basement to one that I can walk barefoot in.  And I'm the first to panic when something looks dirty.


Moving on...


We started Sunday morning with a trip to Strader's Garden Center to pick up some pretty things for our little slice of landscaping.


Last summer J tore out these large bushes that were growing up the side of the neighbors' house and replaced them with some boxwoods:


My tulips and crocuses bloomed in late February, thanks to that heatwave of a winter, and I've been waiting until May to plan some pretty flowers.  We like to keep things simple, so we picked up six of these little guys:

And J spaced them out perfectly:


Fresh mulch is next and maybe some more flowers


He was in charge of finding something for the large pot outside and this is what he picked:


Not bad for a hanging basket + two small pots transplanted into one big one!


And final shot from the sidewalk:


Looks pretty good with that fence if I do say so myself.


Lots of pictures from this weekend since a lot was accomplished.  What were you up to?

1 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Look at you go! It all looks amazing. You got a heck of a lot more accomplished than I did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...