Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday, Monday

I've rarely been the kind of person who starts off her week already looking forward to the weekend unless something big was planned.  But ever since I moved in with J, I love spending time at home.  I'm not nearly as lazy as I was when I lived alone, you know, dedicating my Sunday to watching Lifetime, but there's something so nice about working around the house.  Cleaning, doing laundry, landscaping.  You name it.  So while I love my job and what I do, I also really enjoy just being at home.  


This weekend was a good one.  My sister was in town Thursday night through Sunday morning and did I capture any of it on camera?  Nope.  Just a tv shot of our Friday night watching The Vow:

Mixed in with some Piada for dinner, it was a great Friday evening.  


Saturday morning I was up and at the dealership for an oil change (exciting, I tell you) and home doing laundry and ironing while I waiting for my sister to wake up.  The two of us traveled to the outlets south of Columbus and spent the day shopping while J worked on cutting and priming new risers for our front porch.  Then we came home and took naps while J made us chicken enchiladas.  Yes, I realize how spoiled I am.


Saturday night was wrapped up with a pint of Jeni's ice cream and some good tv, only to wake up Sunday morning to this:
So J put our current porch project on hold due to the rain and we spent the day inside cleaning every nook and cranny.  


Low key weekend but productive with plenty of at home time.  And severely lacking in photos.  I'll put forth a better effort this weekend.



3 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Relaxing weekends are the best. I did not have one of those, so I am very jealous.

Heather Marie said...

Time spent at home, you couldn't trade for anything! Even when it is cleaning, etc..

I love Jeni's & Piada! I want both now, lol. :)

Melissa said...

Shannon, I'm jealous of your fun/productive weekend! We're hoping to do landscaping this weekend, just in time for Memorial Day!

Heather, Jeni's and Piada are a dangerous combination so I'm glad I don't live near both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...