Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fried Goat Cheese

I know what you're thinking: "Another cooking post?  Really?"  Fortunately for you, the answer is yes.  Because this is too good not to share.


J has a thing for goat cheese.  Which sounds weird if you didn't know that he went to culinary school and has a slightly more refined palette than the average Joe.  But the boy loves his goat cheese so I had to try this recipe that I found on Pinterest:


it's kind of hard to make fried goat cheese look photogenic.

*note: I did not measure any of the below ingredients, I just went with what looked like a good amount of everything.*

Fried Goat Cheese
Ingredients:
1 16 oz log of plain goat cheese
Panko Bread Crumbs
Oregano
Thyme
Kosher Salt
Pepper
Egg
Flour
Oil

Instructions:
1.  Place goat cheese in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden and make it easier to slice
2.  Combine panko, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
3.  Add eggs (I used 2) to a small bowl and whisk
4.  Add flour to another small bowl (I used about a cup)
5.  Dip a slice of the goat cheese in the flour to coat
6.  Dip the cheese into the egg mixture
7.  Coat the cheese with the panko mixture
8.  Heat a small amount of vegetable oil on the stove on medium high heat (I used maybe 4 Tablespoons)
9.  Once the oil is hot enough, place the breaded cheese slices into the oil for about 20 second on each side.
10.  Let cool for a minute and enjoy!

A few recommendations:

Use just a pinch of salt.  Between the flavor of the goat cheese and the rest of the herbs, you'll have plenty of savory-ness.  And keep a close eye on the cheese as it's frying.  It only takes a little bit for the panko to turn golden brown and for the cheese to become that delicious gooey texture.

I made these for a little appetizer but J later added them to his salad for an extra kick.  Which I would have enjoyed as well had there been any leftover for me...


3 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

You need to stop posting about your delicious foods while I'm eating breakfast. I want to eat this right now!

Melissa said...

i was going to feel bad until i saw that you were having CUPCAKES for breakfast!

Seeking Style said...

Wow that sounds amazing! haha

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...