Monday, April 9, 2012

Some Thoughts + Easter Weekend

Do you ever get so caught up in the busy-ness of life that you start dropping things that are otherwise important to you?  And then the things that you've dropped start nagging you in the back of your mind...like I know I should really post a blog update but what if my readers have forgotten about me?  What do I write if I don't have a massive home project underway?  


I've checked in on my stats from time to time and the traffic has come to a halt.  Don't get me wrong I know this is my fault for lack of posting.  I wouldn't visit a blog without content either.  But the longer I thought about it, the more overwhelmed I got by thinking of what I could post on next.  


A couple of weekends in March were spent traveling so that tapped any time I had to do any type of crafting.  And I miss crafting.  And trips to Jo-Ann's and Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  Work got busier too and when I got home all I wanted to do was something mindless like read a book or cook dinner.  Event though the thought of my blog becoming a piece of discarded web space was always in the back of my mind.


But I'm back now.  And despite my life's schedule, I will try to post daily.  In the grand scheme of things, I was only gone for a week and a half straight but even two days of absence is enough for me to lose interest in a blog that I would otherwise read daily.   I can be fickle about some things, I'll be honest.  Hopefully there are a few readers still out there and if so, I thank you for hanging on.


NOW, after that rambling, my first post back in a while is a little summary of my Easter weekend.  I hope you all had the chance to partake in a delicious Easter dinner and spend time with loved ones.  J and I were home for the first weekend in three weeks so we took full advantage of it.

I made a trip to Jo-Ann's and got pulled into the home decor section.  I have been wanting that top fabric for forever and I found it for $19.99/yard with an additional 40% off.  The only problem is that I have no idea where I could put it in my house.  A former co worker used it for her little girl's nursery and it turned out absolutely adorable.  Unfortunately, it's far too girly for J's taste and we're not exactly in the nursery decorating business right now!


And what about that damask print below it?? I want to make pillows!  And floor poofs!  And curtains! Too bad I don't have a craft room to decorate....
I made a tiny bit of progress organizing the 3rd floor office space.  Enough so that I could put my computer on the desk with the file folder organizers.  I started going through some boxes and organized things like the papers for the house, threw out old mail and papers, magazines (!!!) and started more piles of stuff to go through later.  Always a work in progress I tell you.  


But my favorite find of all was in a stack of pictures I found in one of J's boxes.  He's absolutely going to kill me for this, but considering it's not an accurate representation of how he currently looks, I'm going to go for it:
Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission sometimes....  Straight out of 1973, the caption on the back refers to him as "Buckaroo."  I'm so crazy about this picture, I think it's adorable and can't wait to add it to the future gallery wall.  


He's now threatening massive home video retaliation, but dammit I was BORN to be on video in the 80s.  I'm not ashamed of any singing, dancing, or staging my own Wheel of Fortune show with flash cards and my 9 month old sister as one of the contestants.


Sunday we had an amazing dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and green bean casserole, and a little red velvet cake from scratch with some cream cheese frosting.  You know, the usual Easter fare.  But the star of the show was J's homemade cheese and onion focaccia bread:
It was half gone before I could get a picture and as you can tell, it was delicious.


Now it's Monday and we're back to work.  Busy as ever and awaiting my sister's arrival into town later this evening.  


Happy Belated Easter, everyone, and Happy Monday as well!

2 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I WANT THAT BREAD NOW. Oh man I'm hungry.

Melissa said...

It was amazing! Hopefully you've had lunch by now, I'm thinking I want cant for dinner tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...