Thursday, April 12, 2012

Caramel Breakfast Ring

I've been having some serious sugar cravings lately.  If you know me, that's not normal.  I am a salt girl all the way.  The same goes for breakfasts...I prefer eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast over pancakes and waffles or anything sweet.  But I had to give into the craving and since I didn't have any Easter Sweet Tarts left in the house, I used some of the frozen rolls I had bought for dinner and made the following:


If it looks like heaven, that's because it is.

Caramel Breakfast Ring
adapted from the kitchen of Aaron Rausch

Prepare the night before...

1.  Spray bundt pan with cooking spray
2.  Add a layer of chopped pecans to the bottom of the pan
3.  Place 12 - 16 frozen rolls in the pan
I use Rhode's frozen rolls and I stood them up so they leaned against each other.
4.  Sprinkle half a box of Cook and Serve Jell-o Vanilla Pudding mix over the rolls
5.  On the stove, melt 1/3 cup of butter
6.  Mix butter with 1/2 cup of brown sugar and add cinnamon to taste
7.  Pour mixture over rolls
8. Add another layer of pecans
9.  Cover with waxed paper sprayed with cooking spray
10.  Place in cold oven or microwave over night to allow rolls to rise
11.  Remove from oven, preheat to 325 and bake for 30 minutes
12.  When done, flip upside down onto platter and serve.

As you can see, we didn't add pecans because I didn't have them in the house, but either way it's the caramel you're going for and this gem delivers perfectly!  I think I'll need to make this again this weekend...

3 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Ohhhh yummm. I like the not having pecans... as I am deathly allergic and it is SO hard to find breakfast pastries without a nuts!

Melissa said...

This might be the one for you then! I don't enjoy pecans so I'd probably only add them if we were having company :)

sea to shining port said...

Yumm! Looks so good, making it this weekend!

xox, caitlin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...