Tuesday, March 6, 2012

To Stencil or Not to Stencil? That is the Question.

A few weeks ago, J randomly thew out the option of stenciling our first floor bathroom's walls.  You may or may not remember that I did a mini version of canvas art for the bathroom back in December and the canvas has been sitting above the beadboard ever since.  So when he mentioned the idea of stenciling, my ears perked up.


Here are some current (brighter) shots of our bathroom as it currently stands:






I will admit, I love the gray and antique white together.  Love the floor.  Love the beadboard. Love the guy who put it all together.  So I ask you, readers, do I explore stencil options or do I leave well enough alone?


Naturally all you have to type in is "stenciled walls" and Pinterest gives you a plethora of options:



And for something less symmetrical...
Gotta love that Young House Love option at the end, I can only imagine how hard that was to complete!

There you have it, the top four.  What do you think?  Leave it as is and finish with some artwork or maybe do a light gray stencil?  I'm conflicted on this one, but I suppose if it's dreadful, I could always paint over it, right?  Are there any different stencils out there that you'd recommend?  Am I asking too many questions?

In other news, if you live in Alaska, Georgia, Idaho, Massachusetts, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vermont, or Virginia, today is the day to vote in your primary election.  I'd be remiss if I didn't remind you to go vote, seeing how I work in politics and all.

4 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

I am so obsessed with Young House Love's stenciled office. Like, I dream about it at night obsessed. But after hearing how long it took Sherry, I'm scared of the time commitment!

Messy said...

I am on the stencil's side. LOL You can have solid colored walls anytime you want, stenciling takes work, dedication and time. The appreciation you'll have for having a unique "done by you" wall treatment will make you so happy everytime you piddle! LOL Well, it would for me anyways!
Cheers,
Messy

Magical Day Dream said...

Wow that seems like a lot of work, but then of course you do end up with an awesome wall... :D

x

Marielle

House Sweet It Is said...

Thanks for all of the feedback! I'm lucky since it's such a small space with the beadboard taking up 3/4 of the walls. I'm going to consult with the boyfriend and see if he'll green light this, worse case I just paint over it if it doesn't look okay, right?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...