Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

Do you ever have one of those really productive weekends where you know you got a lot of stuff done, but never the stuff you really want to do?  That was this weekend for me.  Granted, the things on my "really want to do" list include watching season one of Downton Abbey so I can then watch Season 2 on the DVR and getting a good chunk of my book club book out of the way, but instead I did things like clean, do laundry, and go grocery shopping so J and I could have our first homecooked meal in over a week.  I even woke up at 5 flipping a.m. Saturday morning and have no idea why.  Needless to say, it was a productive day.


Friday evening began with date night at the Tile Shop.  We were looking for backsplash options and unfortunately came up with zilch.  But more on that tomorrow.




Saturday evening, after the groceries were gotten, the laundry mostly done and the house was cleaned, J's dad came over to see the new counters.  He was in town on Navy business and we ended up checking out a restaurant we had yet to visit:
(I highly recommend the angel hair pasta!)

Sunday morning I slept in a little bit and negotiated some pancakes from J.  Provided I make the coffee.  I figured that was fair and I ended up with a nice little personalized flapjack.  The man is TALENTED in the kitchen, what can I say?

I spent a good portion of my afternoon in the fabric cutting line at Jo-Ann's.  Seriously, a 20 minute wait, which, per the lady at the counter, is a rarity on a Sunday afternoon.  But I walked away with $60 worth of fabric for only $28 thanks to all of my 40% off coupons.  Honestly, you have to try to pay full price for something there.  But I felt kind of like one of those women on Extreme Couponing as I watched the total come down.  I'm excited for this project--a certain little lady will be benefitting from it.
J and I concluded the weekend with a phenomenal dinner during the Super Bowl.  I am now kicking myself for forgetting to take a picture, but it was delicious: white wine and butter roasted chicken (complete with stuffing), green bean casserole with green beans from my grandparents' garden (they were canned after the summer), mashed potatoes, and gravy.  

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Maybe next Saturday I'll get to that Downton Abbey.  In the meantime, J has a closet full of ironed shirts and pants which is more than I can say for most Mondays.  Ironing is the worst.

Linking up with Jenni again this week!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...