Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Wish List: Valentine's Gifts for the Guys

I should preface this post by saying that J and I typically do not exchange gifts on Valentine's Day.  We usually (usually meaning the one Valentine's Day we've been together in the same city) go out for a nice dinner, meaning we both get to dress up, and then we go home and watch a movie on the couch.  I love it because it's the perfect mix of relaxing and fun.  


But I know there are a few couples out there that like to give gifts.  Last week I gave an idea or four for the ladies, this week I'll throw out some thoughts for the guys.


For even the not-so-handy dude, there is a tool you must obtain.  If you're in any type of relationship or a single guy looking to spruce up his abode, I highly recommend obtaining a laser level.  There are a million different varieties, but this one from Black & Decker would work just fine.  You affix it to the wall (don't worry, it won't leave marks) and it will cast laser lines onto the surface where you want to hang your pictures or curtain rods.  It would even be great for those daring individuals who are attempting a striped wall project.

Just like most girls I know, I enjoy shopping for a new handbag.  Among my favorite designers is Kate Spade--everything she sells is just so perfect!  And that carries over to the men's line she created with her husband Andy.  Enter: the Jack Spade Messenger Bag.  I wish J had use for a messenger bag, but in his current position he doesn't.  All the more reason to direct those would-be-man bag funds to tools like the one above, I suppose.  
If you plan on celebrating your Valentine's Day over the weekend instead of just Tuesday night, why not plan a trip to a Bed and Breakfast?  Most provide one meal a day with your stay (usually breakfast) and you can take in the sites of a new town; even if it's one just an hour or two from home.


And if none of these strike your fancy, I am a big fan of couple activities as gifts.  Take a cooking class, go on a winter hike, take dancing lessons.  The possibilities are endless and you can usually find something via Groupon, Living Social, Faveroo, or Google Offers.  Yes I'm a subscriber to all of those.  Don't judge me.  


Happy {early} Valentine's Day to you all!  I hope you like the new look of the blog, I thought it was time to spruce things up around here!











0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...