Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blogging Inspiration

I first got started in the blogosphere back in October of last year.  I knew nothing about it, never thought of myself as having something to say that others might want to read.  But as I go, this little blog o' mine gets a few more page views each day, a few more followers on Google Friend Connect (15?! I get just as excited with each additional follower as I did when I got my first one.)  My Facebook page is growing as well.  But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention a few home blogs that inspired me to get started and those that I've found along the way.


 Young House Love Like every other DIY home blogger, I get a lot of inspiration from Young House Love.  To be honest, seeing them chronicle their home renovation really kicked my butt into gear to start this blog.  Would it be nice to have blogging be my full time job?  Maybe, but I really love my political gig.  So for now I blog at night and do projects on the weekends.  And friends and family who might not see the house regularly get an opportunity to look at our latest projects.


House*Tweaking Dana over at House*Tweaking has amazing taste and is an aspiring interior designer.  With two young children and a baby on the way, I honestly don't know how she does it.  But her photos are amazing, her design sense is fantastic, and I can only hope to be as talented in the interior design arena some day.


House of Fifty is all things awe-worthy.  Founder Janell created the House of Fifty E-Zine and always has the most beautiful and classic design ideas.


eighteen 25 is my go to site whenever I'm looking for a good printable (they do adorable subway art printables), a craft idea, or posts on their favorite things.  These three sisters have created a wonderful, resourceful site and obviously love what they do.


Old Town Home As a former resident of D.C., I can appreciate the beauty in row houses.  Sure they all look scrunched together, but inside they can be magical.  Alex and Wendy at Old Town Home are restoring an 1880's era town home in Alexandria, Virginia.  They've done an amazing job thus far and I'm looking forward to see where they can go from here.


This is just a sampling of the home blogs that are out there, but they're the ones I read the most.  As you're looking to spruce up your current abode, I highly recommend checking these guys out.





1 comments:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Ugh. I would love to be a full time blogger like YHL, but it takes a lot of time and effort to get there. Someday maybe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...