Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Weekend Happenings

If there's anything I love as much as Christmas, it's welcoming in a new year.  Even numbered years are election years and in my line of work, that means January will be the start of a very busy year that most likely will not slow down until after the first Tuesday in November.  And 2012 will be no different.


This weekend I took full advantage of my time off.  J's dad came to visit us on Friday.  He very rarely has a free weekend due to his work with the Navy and he is often traveling to all parts of the country.  It meant so much that we had the opportunity to see him two weekends in a row with Christmas and then again for New Year's.  


He arrived around noon and we were off to the Columbus Museum of Art.  Not so much J's cup of tea, but he was a trooper.  





Saturday morning came and J's dad returned to Cleveland and I was off to the grocery store to get the final items for that evening's dinner.  J and I have a tradition, 2 years strong and counting, of making a great dinner for New Year's Eve and watching movies until just before midnight when we switch over to watch the ball drop.  Extremely low key and that's just how we like it.


The rest of the weekend was spent doing odd jobs around the house.  I started a couple of DIY craft projects that I'm excited to post about and J finished repairing the hole in our bedroom wall (another upcoming post).  The best part about long weekends like this is the chance to relax and recharge and that's just what we did.  


And we even woke up to a little snow this morning:
I am looking forward to all that 2012 holds: more projects, more blogging, and more great memories.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...