Monday, January 30, 2012

happy monday

Sometimes you just need a break from the city.  From all of the lights and the on-street parking, from the crazy highway drivers and the occasional fire and/or police sirens.  So this weekend I took a break and went home.


Home, about three hours Northwest of here, is the perfect place to head for some peace and quiet.  On J's first trip he remarked at how dark it gets at night for lack of any city lights.  You can actually see the stars and the closest 4 lane highway is the turnpike about 15 miles north of town.  Come Friday after work, I hit the road, leaving J to his own devices (or rather, prepping for Wednesday's counter installation).


Saturday morning I spent some one on one time with my mom and that afternoon, I headed over to my grandparents' house.  We got about an inch of snow overnight and I love how bright and clean it looks when it's snowy and sunny.  Something Columbus has yet to see this winter.  The above picture is the two lane road that leads to their house.


I took over some pictures that my mom and I had taken a while back of Grandpa's childhood home.  I ordered doubles so mom can scrapbook them and Grandma and Grandpa could have a set.  Here he is putting them in an album.  Isn't he the cutest?
We then played a round of three handed Canasta which Grandpa managed to win.  On the last hand.  When he was in last place.  Coincidence?  I think not.


Sunday morning as everyone was getting ready for the day, I got a little cuddle time in with my favorite pup, Gus:
Weighing in at a whopping 3 pounds, he is 15 this year.  His eyes and ears aren't the greatest, but he sure can snuggle with the best of 'em.  I keep asking J for a puppy but no such luck until we have a yard.  Can't say I blame him, but it won't mean I'll stop asking.


Mom, sister, and I then headed to the hospital where my sister works.  She's the baby, but currently holds a masters in healthcare administration and is now holding a position that got her her own office!
A little photoshop magic to protect her identity (if she's even reading this...) but I'm so proud of her.  We brainstormed a few ideas to decorate her space and I'm going to be perusing Etsy for some great art pieces.  So proud of my baby sister even if she still likes to pick on me.


The tricky part of any weekend away is feeling rested and refreshed come Monday morning, despite the travels.  I definitely had a good chance to clear my head and think and J had the house to himself to work on fixing up the electric in the kitchen and watch a little LFL.  What's that you are asking? That would be the Lingerie Football League.  WHY he felt compelled to tell me a) it was on and b) that "it's actually good football.  I recorded it so you can see." is beyond me.  I'm fairly certain his brother would back me up on this, too.  Someone needs to fill the boy in on when to use his filter.


All chiding aside, it's good to be back in the city.  I had a little time to plan some crafty projects for this week and I'll be sharing the counters with you ASAP.


Did you have a good weekend?  I'm doing late link up with Jenni over at Story of My Life again this week.  Gotta love a good summation via Instagram.  Happy Monday, all.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...