Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Work of Art

When it comes to being domestic (my nights and weekend job), I've pretty much got this gig on lock.  I can bake, I'm great at cleaning, and I even enjoy laundry.  But straightforward tasks aside, I am lacking in the DIY/creativity department.  


A few weeks ago in this Wednesday Wish List, I focused on things I found on Pinterest.  And to prove to myself that I could actually do something, I attempted the easier of the three projects and opted to do the masking tape canvas art:

So off to JoAnn's I went.  I tend to over do things when I'm excited, but thankfully J was with me so I didn't end up with a 3' x 2' canvas.  Instead, we ended up with this little guy and a small can of yellow spray paint (the masking tape was already on hand):
My goal is to create a small decorative picture wall in the half bath (more on that room here) and with the blue-ish gray paint, I want to use the yellow as an accent color.


Seeing how I am just beginning to explore my creative side, I wanted to keep the design on the canvas simple.  And what's more simple than a chevron pattern?

Once the pattern is mapped out, you simply shake up your spray paint and go to town:
It took a little over an hour for this to dry completely so I wrapped a few presents, did a little cleaning and came back to take the tape off:

And here is the finished product against the gray wall (please excuse the poor light/camera quality):

I'm kind of excited for how this turned out and I can't wait to add a few more, non masking tape art, pieces to the collection! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...