Thursday, December 8, 2011

While Boyfriend Is Away...

{via Google Images}
J is heading out of town this weekend to visit his brother and sister in law in D.C. and go to the Army/Navy game with them and his dad.  It's been almost six months since we've gone longer than 24 hours without seeing each other and we haven't spent a day apart in the last two months.  I know, I know, I'll shut up now.  While I'm both excited and sad about my free weekend, I'm going to be 100% selfish with how I spend it--kind of.  

This week I've been absolutely worthless on the home decor/cleaning/blog ideas front due to one nasty bout of the allergies.  I sleep sitting up in my most comfy yet most unattractive pajamas and I'm plowing through Kleenex like there's no tomorrow.  And it's definitely not the best time of year to be out of commission for even just a few days.  But I'm rallying for the weekend and prepared to get some shopping, cleaning, and cooking out of the way.  Oh, and a few other things are on the list, but knowing that J is reading this I can't say what those are because they are a surprise.

1.  So with 16 days left until Christmas, thanks to Debbie's post for that lovely little reminder, I'm kicking into gear and getting shit done this weekend.  First and foremost is finishing my Christmas decorating.  I got home late from work last night to find that J had done a little tweaking to the mantel and I love it.  Pictures to come, but we're just two stockings and a painted decoration away from finishing that thing up.

2.  In other news, I recently signed up for Google Offers for my city.  Combine that with Living Social, Groupon, and Faveroo and I'm in discount heaven.  Yesterday I bought a $6 Offer for $20 worth of books from a used book store just blocks from the house so I can make one of these:
{via}
Probably not going to be completed this weekend, but I will have the books in hand since book stores aren't really J's thing.  There are several different ideas for the book wreath--rolling the pages like a scroll and tying them with string, creating the rosettes like above, or doing a cone type shape.  I think the rosettes look the most polished but we'll see how patient I am when it comes time for execution.

3.  Will. Finish. Christmas Cards.  I bought mine over a month ago during a buy one/get one 50% off sale at Hallmark.  I'm obsessed with all things Hallmark and I'm looking forward to some quality Melissa TV time with the Hallmark channel and its Christmas movies this weekend.  Yes, I am as excited as Annie Claus when it comes to the holidays.  Don't judge me.
4.  I'm going to attempt a few baking firsts this weekend.  But rest assured if they turn out as I hope they will, there will be pictures and recipes to share on Monday!

5.  Last but not least, I hope to finish my Christmas shopping this weekend...sort of.  I'll finish the gifts I need to buy and have have a detailed list of gifts to purchase for J's side by the end of the weekend.  

I have a tendency to over exert myself when it comes to list making (hence my planning for the weekend when I still have another day to go).  I love lists so much and the feeling of crossing something off but usually bite off far more than I can chew.  I feel pretty good about these five, however, and will try to resist the lazy bug to get even more accomplished.

Happy Thursday to you all!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...