Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday Wish List

I can't believe we're at the mid week point already.  Weather here in Columbus is downright dreary and it's threatening to take the holiday spirit right out of me, but we're supposed to have sun today.  I'm jealous of all of you out there with snow and even more jealous of anyone with sun.  Unfortunately, with the change in weather (50 degrees yesterday, 40 today), the top item on my wish list is some Benadryl.  Or Sudafed.  Or a nice combination of both to put me in such a sleepy happy place until this allergy/sinus thing passes.  But wish list post I must, so here we go.


I very recently signed up for Amazon Prime.  If you haven't heard of it, basically you pay $79/year for:
  • Free two day shipping.
  • Amazon instant video--thousands of titles on demand similar to Netflix but better.
  • Free lending of books from the Kindle library.  Also thousands of titles on demand and who wouldn't love a digital library?
I'm currently in the free promotional month, but I've got my eye on a few things...

I love to bake.  I also love to cook but cooking usually results in J saying "This is good, but you know how we can make it better?"  I should probably just take it as a learning experience but you know what, sometimes I like my pot roast just the way my mom made it.  It's damn tasty as is.  But nonetheless, I wouldn't mind whipping up something so fantastical even he, the trained chef that he is, can't utter any word other than "perfect."  Where better to learn such a dish that by one of the masters:

{via}
Sticking with the theme of experts, this next book comes from the expert of homemaking: Martha.  When I'm looking for project ideas, recipes, and home decor inspiration, I often find myself on her site.  This book covers a wide variety of holiday DIY projects from New Year's decorations to Father's Day gifts and everything leading up to Christmas.  So perfect.
{via}
Following closely in the foot steps of Martha is home design blogger Grace Bonney, founder of Design*Sponge.  Grace has built quite the organization and has numerous contributors, each experts in their own rights.  Her book, Design Sponge at Home, is a must read, if not a must for your coffee table.  

{via}
 I was always the kid that loved getting books for Christmas, birthdays, any special occasion really, and that hasn't changed to this day.  Now I hope this Amazon Prime membership pays for itself but simultaneously doesn't get me into as much online shopping trouble as I'm predicting...

1 comments:

Shelley Sarina said...

Hi there: Just found your super cute blog and became your first follower on Bloglovin' :D
Wanted to also see if you wanted to swap ads? If so, send me an email at shelleysarina@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Messy

www.shelleysarina.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...