Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Quick Christmas Summary



First, Merry belated Christmas to you, readers.  In what seems like the blink of an eye, Christmas has come and gone and now we are in that period between it and the New Year.  For most of us that means going back to work for a few days until the weekend, myself included.


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your friends and family.  As we did on our first Christmas together last year, J and I spent a ton of time in the car:
634 miles from the time we left our house Friday afternoon until we arrived back home yesterday...and we never even left Ohio! 3 days, 3 cities and one small village and all immediate family members (and some extended ones as well) were visited.


Friday afternoon we began our journey traveling 3.5 hours (traffic included) to visit with J's brother, sister in law, nephew and his sister in law's family where J has spent many holidays past.


Saturday late afternoon we hit the road for 1.5 hours to have dinner with J's dad.  Also a "J," J's father has a tradition of taking his boys out for a wonderful dinner and I am so blessed to be included in gathering.  This year, to make things interesting, he sent the boys latitude and longitude coordinates which then needed to be converted to an address that we could plug into the GPS to get us there (the wreath above is from the restaurant as well)




After dinner Saturday, we made a 3 hour trip across the state to my mom's house so I could wake up at home on Christmas morning.  Last year we got a hotel room after dinner but it just didn't feel right waking up there and then having to travel home that morning.  So a big thanks for J for indulging me and making that drive at night--complete with me singing Christmas songs, playing with some annoying-to-J iPhone apps, and a few serious chats that you can have when you're stuck in the car with someone and it's too dark to utilize the Kindle.


Sunday morning we got around and went to my aunt and uncle's home to see my cousins, the other aunt and uncle and grandparents.  The afternoon went by too fast and before you knew it, the day was over and J and I were preparing to head back home.


Monday was a quick morning, just enough time for coffee and a quick stop for breakfast with my dad and we were back in the car making the 3.5 hour ride to the city.


It was worth it to see both of our families but in the rush of the visits, I didn't get to take nearly as many pictures as I'd like.  So as I'm cleaning up the house and putting things away, I'll share two of the gifts I received that will likely be avid contributors on the blog in their own rights:




Thanks to mom and sister, I'll be using my winter weekends to do all kinds of crafty things! Right after I take that intro to sewing class...


Hard to believe it's over, but I'm looking forward to a slow-ish week before we begin the New Year.  And all the resolutions that come with it.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...