Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday Wish List

This past weekend I spent a ton of time on Pinterest.  And "a ton" is a gross understatement of how many minutes and hours I was on there clicking from one DIY decorative project to the next.  What can I say, you give me a lazy weekend and I will explore the interwebs until I can explore no more.  So that's just what I did and I walked away with a wish list full of items I want to make for our house, but here's my top three:


I'm itching to get some art on the walls in this house.  You'll notice particularly in the bedrooms that we don't have anything on our walls aside from   I go from example to example and haven't quite found a layout that I love, but I want to incorporate this DIY canvas:


{via}
You take a blank canvas, affix masking tape in whatever fashion you would like, and then spray paint the canvas.  Remove tape and voila, ART!  It's not rocket science but to a girl who is better at executing a pre-formed idea versus dreaming one up, I'm in awe.  And I plan to attempt this pretty soon.


The next item I want to attempt is a wreath for our front door.  It's purely coincidental that this wreath is in the same color family as the canvas above, but what can I say?  I like uniformity!


{via}
It's a basic grapevine wreath with flowers wired into the vines.  The house numbers are affixed with a hot glue gun.  Seems simple enough, right?  Now I need to add a hot glue gun to my list...


The third and final item for this week is less of an item but more of a skill.  I would love to learn how to knit.  Or crochet.  Or both?  In my preliminary Google searches, all I've been able to lock down is that one requires two needles and the other requires just one which leads to different techniques, but the end result looks the same to me.  If you hall have an opinion on one versus the other, help a girl out!


Anyway, these little bins were on Pinterest and while I don't necessarily need to make these, I just want to learn the craft:


{via}
And there you have it, this week's wish list!









0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...