Friday, October 14, 2011

Our Story: Chapter 2

Now where was I?  Oh right, THE email.

It was now over two years since the dinner party and a variety of life changes led me to Washington, D.C.  I was enjoying the national political scene, living three blocks from the U.S. Capitol building and shocked that my small town self landed here.

On a recent trip back home, the friend from the dinner party kept mentioning J and how we should date.  Wouldn't it be so fun? I was certain that this guy, a whopping twelve years my senior, would have no interest in dating me.  Why would he?  I lived 400 miles away, we had never had a one on one conversation and again, I was twelve years younger.  I brushed it off and headed back to the East Coast.

You can imagine my surprise when four weeks later, on a Saturday afternoon, my stomach jumped to my throat when I saw his name in my inbox.  A brief introductory email (which I later found out came after weeks of coaxing himself into emailing a girl HE thought had no interest in HIM) and the rest was (nearly) history.  We spent the rest of that year emailing all day, talking late into the night and managing one visit a month.  It was the best year, particularly because as the Presidential Election cycle came to a close, I knew I was moving home.  And closer to J.  But then it ended.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...